Grameen Telecom Trust (GTT) is the flagship entity responsible
and facilitating Social Business ideas. It strives to transform societies through Social Business.
Once innovative ideas relating to the field are set forth, GTT formulates them in to prototypes that
can be replicated in a sustainable manner. Through practical realization of Social Business ideas
GTT envisions in achieving a world without poverty. GTT was formed in 2010 under the Trust Act.
Building Social Business for serving humanity’s most
Facilitating Social Business focusing on zero
poverty, zero unemployment and
zero carbon emission for sustainable development.
Planting the seeds of social business for creating a
poverty free world.
Seven Principles of Social Business:
1. Business objective will be to overcome poverty,
or one or more problems (such as education, health, technology access, and environment) which
threaten people and society; not profit maximization.
2. Financial and economic sustainability
3. Investors get back their investment amount only. No dividend
is given beyond investment money
4. When investment amount is paid back, company profit stays
with the company for expansion and improvement
5. Gender Sensitive and Environmentally conscious
6. Workforce gets market wage with better working
7. ...do it with joy
Chairman & Managing Trustee
Nobel Peace Prize Recipient 2006
US Congressional Gold Medal Winner 2010
Former acting Managing Director, Grameen Bank, Bangladesh