Sponsored by Grameen Telecom Trust, the 3rd Social Business Design Lab was held at Yunus Centre on 23rd March 2013. Participants from different organizations presented six social business plans:
- NGF project: Providing safe drinking water to poor people through the reverse osmosis process.
- Nirvana project: Organic-Home Delivery
- ID group & texeurop project: Valorize through, poor rural women whose working daily labour in different place, Okaïdi and Obaïbi left over garments to finance slum school or/and training center
- Salt cultivation project: To end the exploitation of salt cultivators by middlemen
- NTFP project: Commercialization of Non Timber Forest Product (NTFP) for Better Livelihood of Indigenous Peoples of Hilly Areas of Bangladesh
- Rickshaw project for unemployed young people
After the presentation, there was question and answer session, group discussion to include necessary recommendations and finally the participants came up with an action time frame. The participants also selected one Project Bandhu (Project Friend) for each of the project for its follow up. Professor Muhammad Yunus thanked the participants for coming up with some innovative social business ideas and he promised to give necessary support to implement the projects. The participants showed strong determination to bring the ideas into reality for the cause of the society.